We invited our District over for conference. General Conference was amazing. It's wonderful to feel the beautiful Spirit of God showers upon you as these Apostles, Prophets and leaders give the messages of truth we need to hear.
Loved the talk by Elder Renlund who I now call the "Dynamite Apostle" because of his talk. This is My Gospel. This is My Church. We are so grateful he will visit Ethiopia the last day of this month.
I think the best was the Saturday Afternoon Session with the Children's Choir singing songs like, "Gethsemane." Saturday Afternoon Session
And of course Elder Christopherson's talk, Burying our weapons of Rebellion
And a good one for Ethiopia, Elder Alliaud's (from Argentina) talk, Sons and Daughters of God that helps us understand the true nature of God vs. other theories like the Trinity.
Too many other favorites like President Nelson's talk announcing 17 more temples, David A. Bednar's talk referring to President Benson's emphasis on The Book of Mormon and avoiding Pride.
These missionaries are awesome. Their commitment is inspiring. So happy to make our curry chicken for them.
Is that pot big enough? They love to pile in on. Enough curry but ran out of rice and had to make more.
This picture above was round 2 after I made more rice. I always have lots of hot cayenne pepper spices, and most of them pile that on as well.
And Elder England (below, right) has been with us for about 7 months and is getting transferred.
Here's a page from my recipe book I created with available ingredients here.
But that's not all.
Sister Martin made her "General Conference Cinnamon Rolls"!! ...with a little help from the Sisters.
I think she made enough for each one to have 4.
They were all gone, except for the few Sister Martin stashed away for later.
Oh no I cracked a tooth.
View from the waiting room.
X-Ray machine and dentist chair.
The dentist I went to seemed OK so Sister Martin decided to get her teeth cleaned. Can't beat the price...$57 for all the x-rays, evaluation, initial work on my tooth and Sister Martin's cleaning. Still need to go back again.
On the way driving to the dentist, I had all of these detours and blocked off roads due to a holiday called Irrecha, Oromia Thanksgiving.
Sister Martin took these pictures as we drove of the black, red and white Oromia flag next to the Ethiopia flag.
Oromia is one of the largest regions or states of Ethiopia. They speak Oromo language. We've learned only how to say Hello and Goodbye in their language. I think they only have part of the Book of Mormon translated into Oromia language.
Zone conference had a variety of talks, roll plays and interesting demonstrations like this mock cell phone call in Amharic language.
Our mission leaders pointed out several things like the importance of encouraging new friends to attend church so they can meet the members, feel the Spirit of draw closer to Christ.
Our Mission leader's daughter, recently returned from her mission, gave some good advice for the missionaries.
Then a great musical number.
One of the Assistants, Elder Tarr gave some closing remarks and encouragement to everyone and then a testimony about Elder and Sister Woodbury.
Several months ago we found this little Italian restaurant that we like to go to occasionally.
They have some nice scenery and gardens where we like to eat outside.
Blogs and other things we do with our computer are quite the challenge from time to time. After we had no wi-fi for a week the technician finally came.
We like to keep our wifi in a decorative basket typically used to put Ethiopian injera bread in.
Half way through working on it, the power went out and I turned on our backup light for him. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry so I just laugh. It's been working for a few days now but just extra slow.
Wow, you guys don't let anything stop you from moving ahead. You are great examples
ReplyDelete