Sunday, November 3, 2024

Mountain visits - Record attendance Primary - JOY - Musical event - Real Bacon? - Miracle Calls - Sunday with Sisters

    Sister Martin and Fevan had a nice visit with this family and shared a spiritual message. The father is      going to be baptized soon. 

Sister Martin made chocolate cake. Fevan leaving the treat for a sister who wasn't home. 


                        It worked. It  fit in the gap between the door and the wall (made of mud, weeds and plaster). Can you tell...Fevan loves cats!

I was happy to find the Ethiopian New Year flower, Adey Abeba, which is a daisy native to Ethiopia.  They only bloom for a short time during the New Year which was in September, so I felt like I found a little treasure still blooming in the mountains. 





Sister Martin had 11 children come to Primary, a record number for this branch. Here are 9 of them reviewing "I am a Child of God." They were from ages one to fourteen. 

She always teaches that song in English and Amharic languages.

Sister Martin downloaded and adapted a game called "I Love to See the Temple", similar to the Candyland game. --On the Whiteboard--During music time, they practiced singing this song. Sister Aynalem teaching the children.



I taught Elder's Quorum. I picked one of my favorites from conference, "The Church of Joy," by Elder Kearon. It was such a fun talk to discuss and it makes me smile. The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings such joy to me. 


Thankfully, I have good people to help translate.

I discussed how the word for Joy (Desta) in the Amharic language doesn't quite describe it like I would want. "Desta" means happiness and also joy. I think "Joy" goes beyond happiness

We had a great time talking about the talk. I highly recommend it.

Here's the link... The Church of Joy


Missionary Musical Fireside Event--
Members of Ayat branch singing "I am a Child of God" in Amharic.



Sat by some good friends, Estifanos and Simon


                    A missionary Choir Sang, "He Sent His Son," and "Joseph Smith's First Prayer."







President Cowley gave some final remarks. What a great uplifting performance this was. 


Always love those miracle calls...





Miracles happening every day in Ethiopia



Enjoyed a nice couple's lunch... 

And then a guy with stilts walked by...




Impossible...real bacon in the club sandwich? First and only time having bacon in over a year in Ethiopia.


Always enjoy those dinners with the Sister Missionaries




After District meeting a couple of Elders started doing some sort of acting roll play



                                             Get excited, Elder Renlund is coming to Ethiopia!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog posts! Good work in Ethiopia! Our daughter is coming home from her mission in December - only 39 more days!

    ReplyDelete

Final Week in Ethiopia - More Goodbye's - Dinner with Missionaries - Ambassador Dinner - Airport - Trip Home

Saying goodbye to our friends is extremely difficult. This family was with us for most of our mission in University Branch but then they mov...